What are cookies?
Cookies are small files or devices of generalized use that are installed in the user’s browser in order to store, retrieve or update data. They allow the person in charge of a website to know the preferences of the users when browsing their website and to personalize the services offered based on those preferences.
In www.energyavm.es we use our own and third-party cookies that allow us to perform usage and measurement analysis to ensure that our websites work correctly and to improve our services.
Cookies that we use
There are different types of cookies on our website and they are used for different purposes. Below we list the various cookies we use.
- PHP SESSIONID: Cookie that identifies the user’s session. It lasts 6000 milliseconds.
- utma: This cookie generates a unique user ID, which is used to count how many times a user visits the site. It also records when it was the first and last time you visited the web. It lasts two years. Save the IP.
- utmb and utmc: These cookies are used to calculate when a session has ended. The utmb records the time of arrival to the page while the utm checks if the session should be kept open or a new session should be created. Save the IP.
- utmz: This cookie is responsible for registering the origin of the user, as well as the keywords. It has an expiration of six months, although it is renewed each time the website is visited, provided it is not a direct visit. Save the IP.
Types of cookies
Depending on their purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical cookies: are necessary for navigation. Without them the page would not work properly (cookies “user input”, session of the media player, …).
- Customization or configuration cookies: allow the page to recognize the user’s language, font size, …
- Security cookies: prevent or hinder attacks against the website or its users.
- Analysis cookies: allow users to measure their activity and compile browsing statistics.
- Advertising cookies: manage the frequency and content of ads.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: store information about users to show them personalized advertising.
Deactivation of cookies
If you wish to delete the cookies that are already established in your terminal, you can do so from your browser. You can find a way to do it by going to the help menu of your browser where the steps to proceed with its removal are established. For more information:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es